More Hotel Industry News
Hotel Industry News
Detroit, MI -
Las Vegas, NV - Harrah’s Entertainment
Harrah’s for the fifth consecutive year has received more accolades than any other casino operator according to Casino Player’s Best
of Gaming Awards. A total of 255 first-place awards were garnered.
Las Vegas, NV - Boyd Gaming
Las Vegas, NV - Michael Wallace
Las Vegas, NV - UNLV William F. Harrah Hotel School
- Las Vegas turns 100 years old in 2005, and the city of Las Vegas announced that it will throw the biggest, most lavish, and most extravagant birthday party, ever! Events and parties at various hotels are expected to reach their peak, at the same time as the Las Vegas temperatures do every year, in the summer of 2005.
- 2003 proved to be the 2nd busiest year ever in Las Vegas history. The count for Las Vegas visitors came to 36.3 million. This is an improvement over last year. Tourism officials expect another banner year for 2004.
- The most notable business activity for news this year in the Las Vegas hotel and entertainment industry seems to be in the Ultra Lounge Scene. There has been a proliferation of what the Las Vegas hotel pr firms have coined the term “ultra lounge”. What this really means is that there is a lounge/bar/nightclub all in one. We’d prefer to label the ultra lounge as a “versatility lounge”. Apparently, “Ultra” sounds better than “Versatility”, but that’s what it is. The Las Vegas Hotel Ultra Lounge is nightclub able, but still able to deliver conversation without ear-shout. One can also reserve a table at an ultra lounge and buy $200+ bottles of vodka or hang out at the bar and buy $7+ drinks. It’s all about versatility at the new Las Vegas hotel ultra lounges.
More Las Vegas News
- Lake Mead continues to lose elevation in water as drought conditions and population growth strains water levels. The lake is expected to lose 12 feet in 2004.
- United Airlines will move Dulles to Las Vegas service to its new low-fare subsidiary. This is a bid to compete better against low-fare carriers America West and Southwest Airlines. This will also allow for an additional dailly flight to Las Vegas.
For more see: Las Vegas Hotel News